Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This is why my mom is awesome.

just wanted to AW my mom for making me some fantastic diapers! Seriously. These things are awesome. She made me some fitteds:



And some fleece covers:


The Details:
She used the Very Baby Snug Wrap diaper cover pattern. She made the covers out of regular old fleece from JoAnne's and I haven't had a single leak with them. She used the same pattern in a smaller size for the fitteds. In retrospect, they would probably be better if we used an actual fitted pattern. I find that they are rather wide in the crotch. Still, they work like a charm. Again, I've never had a leak. She used fold over elastic around the outside of the diaper.

In the future, I want snaps instead of hook and loop. I'm tired of pulling a diaper chain out of the washing machine every time I do laundry (which is an issue with all of my hook and loop diapers - not just these). The interior of the fitteds is made of 100% cotton velour. It is super soft and doesn't have that wet feeling that a lot of absorbent fabrics have. It feels similar to velvet. The exterior is made of hemp. The soaker is made of a combination of hemp, cotton velour, and microfiber. It's absorbent enough to easily use as a night time diaper with no extra doublers.

No comments:

Post a Comment